Reliable humidity and temperature measurement under extreme conditions up to 85 °C ambient temperature!
With the new generation of the HF5-Ex Rotronic offers transmitters for measuring in an even higher temperature range. The series is certified to ATEX and IECEx and therefore conforms to the latest international standards (IEC 60079-0/11/18/26/31/7).
The HF5-EX series consists of a robust aluminium transmitter with or without display. The attached probes are cast into a stainless steel tube, and are certified for operation in Zone 0/20. The transmitter itself is certified for Zone 1/21. “The new ATEX-Certificate allows measuring humidity and temperature in different temperature classes with exactly the same probe” says Daniel Barbeito Rial, Product Manager at Rotronic. “Using it up to +60 °C you have a temperature class T80°C respectively T5. Whereas using the probe up to +85 °C you have a temperature class T105°C respectively T4.”
The HygroFlex5-EX advantages at a glance:
- Measurement of relative humidity and temperature, optional output of dew point and other calculated parameters
- Safe operation in areas with explosion risk
- Intrinsically safe electrical construction
- No intrinsically safe power supply required
- Interchangeable stainless steel probes
- Robust aluminium housing