Fike, the industry leader providing engineered solutions for process safety and facilities protection, announces the availability of the unique SigniFire video detection system. SigniFire is ideally suited for applications that are housed in large volume structures and/ or contain high valued assets. Traditional fire detection methods are known to be impractical and/or ineffective in these types of facilities. SigniFire’s advanced early warning detection capabilities can dramatically reduce the loss a business would sustain in the event of a fire.
Algorithms Sensitivity Levels
Each detection algorithm runs independently on the camera. This allows the end user to adjust the sensitivity settings — low, medium, high, and ultra (smoke only) — or turn off an algorithm altogether. The built in flexibility allows for a wide range of video flame and smoke detection
Detection / Exclusion Zones
Each SigniFire IP video flame detection and video smoke detection camera can be configured with multiple detection and/or exclusion zones within the field of view. These zones can be added to do all of the following:
- detect specific events (fire, smoke and motion) within the zone
- detect events everywhere except the zone
- tThe activation of each zone can also be linked to specific time schedules
- setting up a motion detection zone in a hallway to be only active at night and/or weekends, when no one should be in the building.
- if the area is known for steam release occurring at certain periods of time, a smoke detection exclusion zone can be defined and linked to a schedule when such releases are expected.
These detection/exclusion zones, combined with SigniFire’s unique algorithm sensitivities, allow for endless configuration options to suit specific fire, smoke and intrusion detection requirements.
Network-Friendly SigniFire IP video flame and smoke detection cameras are network devices with their own IP address. Communicating with the camera is easily accomplished with standard TCP/IP networking protocols. This enables the SigniFire solution to scale easily to any size organization. The video flame and smoke detection cameras can be monitored anywhere there is network connectivity. Email alerts with snapshots of the event can also be sent to handheld PDA’s.
Fire Alarm Control Panel Interface
The SigniFire IP video flame and smoke detection camera can connect directly to a CyberCat® Fire Alarm Control Panel as a regular smoke and fire detector via three built-in, dry-contact relays mounted on the back of each camera.
The dry contacts can also be easily programmed to include a delay on specific events, to allow video verification before the fire alarm panel is notified–helping to eliminate nuisance alarms.
FSM-IP Network Video Recorder
A scalable, network video recorder with video management software, each FSM-IP is designed to support up to 32 SigniFire network, flame detecting cameras:
- Constantly records video streams on to internal hard disk
- Customizable storage space to meet application needs
- Provides monitoring of live videos
- Maintains an event log for all alarm conditions
- Dispatches alarms and videos to remote locations
- Network management interface for configuration and maintenance
Typical applications where SigniFire Video Flame, Smoke and Intrusion Detection have been installed include:
- Warehouse/Distribution Centers Education
- Energy Producing facilities
- Aircraft Hangars
- Marine Transportation
- Historical Buildings